Can You Hear The Whispers of Your Soul?

"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about." Ah such a wise man that Oscar Wilde!

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Max

It took me quite a while to come to the decision of putting Max up for adoption. But as soon as I did, I quickly sent out an email to friends and acquaintances with an attachment of his photos and a brief background of the pet I love so much. It did not take long before I got calls and emails from people who expressed interest to take him. It was the weirdest feeling - like an in-between of protectiveness and hesitation. A tiny part of me was hoping that no one would satisfy the requirements I have set in order to qualify to adopt Max (therefore I would have to keep him longer...) That was emotions ruling. The logical department still won over and that is it's for his best interest to go to a family where he will get the attention that he needs, where he will have a lot of people around him, where he will be able to go for runs and walks everyday, where his playfulness will not be taken for granted. It is the best thing I can do for him, as I have already abandoned the idea of bringing him with me to Australia, an idea I have toyed with and researched on a bit previously, as per my post more than a year ago.

Last Saturday afternoon, my friend and her boyfriend (whom I have chosen to adopt Max) came by to pick him up. I wonder then and I still do now if he sensed what was going on. He didn't whimper or cry, but I was with him in the car. He literally leapt out of the van when we got to his new home, and excitedly "surveyed" the new environment, weeing at two or three corners! Fast forward - I left and I still remember how his puppy eyes look. It breaks my heart but I am comforted with the knowledge that he'll be well taken care of and *hopefully* he's happy.
Max during one of our fetch & drop play sessions

6 Comments:

  • At 8:04 pm, Blogger arls said…

    aaawww... i kinda know how it feels. u've raised max since he was little! i wouldn't know what i would do if my cat padme gets lost or something as well. it is heartbreaking... but am sure he'll be very happy in his new home...

     
  • At 3:40 am, Blogger Char said…

    Just like Max to pee anywhere new! Hahaha. You did the right thing! If I couldve, I wouldve taken him, the little bugger! I love doggies!

     
  • At 7:50 pm, Blogger Jovs said…

    Arls & Char, I wish I could have another Max in the future... but it's scary too because what if I have to move again??? Arrrggghhh!

     
  • At 4:45 am, Blogger Analyse said…

    aaawwwwwwwww! so heart-breaking.. i would have loved to adapt him.. pag ako siguro yan, me iyakan session pa kami ni doggie..

     
  • At 9:57 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Jovs, this is a sad story but I am happy to note that Max seem to have sensed that you'd be having a hard time leaving him so he made it easier for you when he leapt out of the van to survey his new home (just remember that part when you miss him or worry about him). I am sure that Max is in good hands.

     
  • At 9:25 pm, Blogger Jovs said…

    Analyse, I've already braced myself, so all is good. =)

    Groovy Boony, would you play fetch and drop too? AND be led by a leash? Heeheehee!

    Bugsy, he sure is in good hands. Have just received news that every morning he jumps at the leash, couldn't wait for his morning run. And that he's very fit now and is getting along well with the people in the house.

    I'm happy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home