Can You Hear The Whispers of Your Soul?

"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about." Ah such a wise man that Oscar Wilde!

Saturday, September 03, 2005

My New Toy

Sounds kinky eh? Not! Hehehe.

For the want of occasional changes in look, but lacking the courage to have any cosmetic changes done (not that there's anything really that I want to have enhanced, reduced, chiseled, sculpted, removed, disguised, or whatever other reasons that anyone would have to go under the knife for), I resorted to experiment on that one area that even when damaged could regrow, be easily remedied, and nursed back to health. My hair. And so there... I went ahead and bought myself a hair iron; it can be used both for straightening and making curls. It's amazing how wide the range is for these kinds of products. A hair iron is just a hair iron, simple as that right? Not quite. Prices between a low-end product and a high-end one could be between $30 - $300, and there are endless features - digital, non-digital, solid ceramic or ceramic technology (the latter being better), whether suitable for wet and dry hair or only for dry locks, whether good for fine or thick hair, the list goes on. I reckon that a mid-range product priced around $60 - $100 will be good enough if only for personal use.

Before hair experts have discovered relaxing, rebonding, extenso, and what other hair-straightening methods
there are - all to the utter joy of many women who agonise over their so-called unruly, wavy hair, we really had to just live with ultra conditioning and serious blow-drying, eh? Been there, done that... although I would say that I have pretty much of a tame mane. Too typical now that it felt the need to be unruly once more. So going back to the newest addition to my collection of gizmos, its purpose really is for experimentation on curls and twists. Eversince I was young I have always marvelled at ladies with beautiful soft curls --- au naturale... not quite those grandma-looking ones that come fresh from the salon still smelling of perming chemicals (not that there's anything wrong with that!... play it safe here lest I offend anybody). Today I had a play with it for the first time and I'd say... man, it ain't as easy to do as it looks! Care must be taken not to burn your hair and your scalp. Since it was better to clamp the iron on not too big a chunk of hair each time for ease in twisting and twirling, it obviously would take a long time for me to get my whole head done considering the amount of hair I have! Furthermore, I had to make sure that they're done properly at each layer. It was tricky at first... if you tugged on it too hard, you'll get hard icky curls, if too loose, it'll look as if it has just been clamped by rubber. There's also the problem of getting the hair at the back done... I had fabulous help, thanks to A for his patience and ingenuity. Alas, after around half an hour, we achieved a satisfactory result. I had initially wanted sort of soft french curls but that'll take more practice I suppose. For now, I think it's not too bad. :-)



4 Comments:

  • At 11:03 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very Mischa Barton-esque in the O.C. hehehe.

     
  • At 8:14 pm, Blogger Ka Uro said…

    agree ako. not bad at all. in fact looks great. walang bola.

     
  • At 9:37 pm, Blogger Sassafras said…

    I like it...! :)

     
  • At 11:22 pm, Blogger Jovs said…

    Char, haha... you guys watch O.C. as well? I don't know what Mischa looks like there coz I've never watched the show... but I take that as a good comment *poinks!* Hehe! Dalhin ko pag uwi ko ha... let's try on you!

    Booooony, you reckon? So we'll try it on you as well? I'm sure you'll be a hotdamn (borrowing your term) instant star. Hehe! ;-)

    Ka Uro, palakpak naman tenga ko. LOL. Actually, practice yan eh... planning to do the same 'do for an upcoming ball.

    Sass, goody! Hopefully I don't damage my hair too much with all this vanity. =D Fun to be a girl. LOL.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home