Can You Hear The Whispers of Your Soul?

"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about." Ah such a wise man that Oscar Wilde!

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Say What?????

Goodness gracious, half an hour after and I am still laughing myself to madness. Excerpt from a phone conversation I had this afternoon.

---Phone rings---
Me: Hello, Jovy speaking!
Caller: Hi there! This is Sarah from (company). How are you going?
Me: I'm great, thank you. How are you?
Caller: Good, thanks. I'm calling regarding your application. Congratulations you were shortlisted. Would you be able to come and see our Managing Director tomorrow?
Me: Oh, I'm afraid tomorrow is not a good time. I have a couple of appointments throughout the day. How about Friday?
Caller: Let's see... Friday 10am good for you?
Me: Yes, absolutely.
Caller: Fantastic! Let me give you the address... (proceeds to give me location), it's near Central
Me: Hmmm... (repeated address again), this is in the city?
Caller: Yes, so we'll see you on Friday then!
Me: Thanks Sarah.

After hanging up, I proceeded to check the address and location on street-directory online. Funny, but I couldn't find it in Victoria. My fault was I could not even remember having applied for such and such position in such and such company. Anyway, thinking to myself that I could have gotten the name wrong or the details wrong, I searched our dear friend Mr G <-- Google. All entries showed the address given to me to be located in Sydney! *Groan* So when she mentioned Central, what registered in my head was Melbourne Central, when what she really meant was Central station in Sydney.

---Called back Sarah---
(At this point I checked the number that was registered when she rang my mobile, true enough the area code was 02 - Sydney!)
Me: Hi Sarah, this is Jovy... we spoke 5 minutes ago regarding an interview for Friday? Let me just clarify, but you guys are in Sydney. I am in Melbourne.
Sarah: Oh! I'm sorry! I was meaning to send your details to our Melbourne office, and hey I called you instead. (Laughs to herself). Well, I guess there wouldn't be enough time for you to drive up to Sydney huh (said jokingly).
Me: Errr...
Sarah: Really sorry about that mix-up! I'll call up the Melbourne office right away and arrange the same time for tomorrow, then? Hmmm, is there any time difference?
Me: Huh? Between Sydney and Melbourne - no, we're on the same timezone! And no, I am not available tomorrow. We have agreed on Friday.
Sarah: Right! Well, Friday in the Melbourne office then. Look, I'll call you back in a tick, I'll just have to confirm with them.

---End of story---

That's just what I need for this exhausting, nerve-wrecking, roller coaster of a day. Made my tummy hurt. :-)

1 Comments:

  • At 12:10 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Jovs,

    I can't remember if I asked already but I'd like you to know that I'll be linking your blog to mine, okay?

    Thanks, too, for always dropping by my blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home