Can You Hear The Whispers of Your Soul?

"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about." Ah such a wise man that Oscar Wilde!

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Go Run Your Own Life, Sucker!

The last thing I need and want to hear these days is a sequel of so-called advices (*unwanted and definitely not welcome*) about how I should be planning and running my life from people who assume too much and have the illusion that they know me all too well. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one to think that I'm all knowing and so above all creatures in this planet to be unable to take in other people's opinions. I appreciate comments and suggestions; in fact I don't mind being reprimanded or knocked back to my senses, provided that these are well-meaning and out of genuinely good intentions. I do muse over people's advice and weigh their suitability for application in a scenario. After all, we do learn from others and many times we realise something only when pointed out to us. In many occasions we fail to see things in some different angles that our friends would have seen, perhaps because our eyes are too fixated on something else, and sure it does help if they snap a finger and direct us to those information we were blind to. These are all good. However, it becomes different if what is thrown at you are mockeries and ill-willed remarks masked as words of concern and advice, made to satisfy a malicious pleasure to see you falter or become unsure of yourself. It becomes increasingly annoying especially when the person goes on and on, starts to pick on the different aspects of your life and your way of handling matters without giving a thought to the accuracy of his assumptions. It then becomes worse when the course of the discussion, which by the way I never have intended to be in in the first place, suddenly becomes a "compare my cards to your cards" game. Doh, I may be accommodating and I may indulge you with your self-praise at my expense, but I'm not sickeningly gullible and dense to be unable to decipher the pompousness in your tone.

People who truly know me would understand that I let no one steer my life's wheel for me. They too would know that as stubborn as I may get, I do listen and I do consult... but I think too. If I'm in a state of confusion and stress, it does not mean that I become brainless too. Irritation doesn't come along easily; with constant nagging, yes it may but as I've said if they're well-meaning, then everything's cool with me. Unsolicited advice?... bring them on, I don't mind. But once I sense pretentiousness and
a nasty intent, in an attempt to either pull someone down or perhaps uplift his/her own sense of self up, then my sparks will fly. Honestly, what is wrong with these people?!! Excuse me, I can run my own life the way I wish to do so. If I stumble or find myself in some not so desirable situation due to my dangerously adventurous nature or impossibly stubborn head, then let me be because I am also very much capable of picking myself up and driving back to the main road, and I don't mind the scratches and the bruises. Besides, maybe it is best to remind you too that you have your own life, why not start minding it for a change?! As for your malevolent soul, purge it please. And next time, save your breath.

In A's opinion, I should think twice about posting this one since it is too fiery, too sharp as if it could slit throats. But you see, there is this side of me who knows how to get peeved as well. Is it such a negative thing? Oh well... just being human. Now, it's time to clear my head. The rant is out. Tomorrow will be great. :-)

5 Comments:

  • At 10:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Calm down sweetie. No point upsetting yourself with those ill-intended comments, right? The whole point of that was to make you upset and unhappy. Of course you don't wanna fall into the trap...=) An old Chinese saying goes, "Barking dogs do not bite"... same thing applies to human beings...LOL...=D

     
  • At 4:46 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    Ganyan talaga. May mga taong hindi kayang ayusin ang kanilang sariling buhay-buhay kaya ibang buhay ang pinakikialaman.

    Take it easy! Don't get too worked up. Ranting is good, so blog your inis away!!

     
  • At 2:28 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hahaha.. never thought I'd see the word "sucker" in your postings! hehehe. Nice :)Now I'd like to HEAR it next time. ;)

     
  • At 1:46 pm, Blogger Sassafras said…

    sinong nakaaway mo jovs? di ko ma-imagine na nagtataray ka... heheh. sana'y malamig na ang ulo mo. *mwah*

     
  • At 1:30 am, Blogger Jovs said…

    Hey you Mr A... my, you never run out of Chinese sayings huh. :-) Thanks for forever being patient and tolerating all my complaints. :-)

    Mildred, I've finally posted on Kaluskos... I hope that the wait is worth it; I was quite busy the past few days so it took me a while to get down to it. :)

    Nao, haha... nah, it did not get me. I just wanted to express my annoyance. But that's all... Thanks! Di ko rin gustong mag-taray, kasi parang an inner ugly twin comes out. Hehe! But I beat it out quickly, so ok lang.

    Rhada, come to think of it... in hindsight, sige na nga... bahala sila sa buhay nila... how pathetic to have nothing else worthwhile to do diba? Masaya na naman ako. I don't get worked up easily, and when I do it doesn't last very long rin.

    Char, it would take a great amount of irritation for me to utter those words out... hahaha... but never in front of my dad, kung hindi lagot ako! I miss you miss you miss you!!!

    Sass, even I was surprised with my reaction. More surprised to have spontaneously blogged out my annoyance. Wala naman akong nakaaway talaga... there was no exchange of nasty words or anything like that. I just snubbed and ignored her after. Mwehehehe. This person was digging up information about me, and started picking on me (albeit in a feigned sweet tone and way ha!) Eh I could see through the fakeness naman. Normally I let it pass, but the stress built up during the busy week probably triggered a stronger reaction from me. In any case, it's over me now, as I said the hothead didn't last long. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home