Can You Hear The Whispers of Your Soul?

"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about." Ah such a wise man that Oscar Wilde!

Monday, March 13, 2006

Weekend Update

Today is Victorian public holiday, Labour Day. Don't you just love long weekends? A short update... I just came back from a fun-filled, sun-filled weekend escapade with a group of friends. Getting away from Melbourne whenever there is an extra day to the weekend is one of the favourite activities of many Victorians. There are so many nice places to go to, from a short 1-2 hour drive to a long 5-6 hour trip. I am slowly getting into that habit of maximising my free days and exploring Victoria a bit more.

The past three days we stayed at a rented house in Marengo, a drive by the Great Ocean Road, and spent most of the time at Apollo Bay. No set activity plan, no set agenda, just a relaxing weekend free of any routine or schedule (except for the boys' network game session... yes, 5 laptops were brought to the trip and intense StarCraft games were played late into the night), can't be helped. Imagine a full two days just lounging by the beach, walking back and forth the beautiful crescent-shaped beach, discovering small crabs and mussells growing on sea rocks, and mucking around with good friends. It is also a place quite famous for nice waves, perhaps not at par with Surfer's Paradise up in the Goldcoast, but still good enough for a bit of body board surfing which we did! Riding the waves just feels amazing, having it crash at you feels like a big, fat, gigantic hand slapping onto your body. I will probably be an embarrassment if I have to go surfing, I already know because I can't skateboard and I am terrible at snowboarding; I think that sort of balance just doesn't agree with me... but body boarding is different, there's no leg coordination needed, just good enough arms and legs to paddle and kick. Aaaahhh can I just say again I loooove the beach.

Now I have a pretty bad case of sunburn... Saturday was a clear day with amazingly blue sky... no clouds, it didn't seem too sunny but lo and behold, that night we were all as red as cooked lobsters. Of course that didn't stop us to go back to the sand and water the second day, only that we've to endure the stinging sensation of the salt water and the slightly painful tingle of sand rubbing onto the red soreness of
our skin. Sunscreen is really no fool-proof solution, and no sunscreen is asking for big trouble.

Totally satisfied yet very exhausted... I now need a holiday from my holiday. =)

3 Comments:

  • At 11:59 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey Jovs,
    I wish I could say the same about good ole Germany! Spring hasn't sprung, and we're still battling terrible cold temperatures!

    Send me some sunshine please! ;-)

     
  • At 7:08 am, Blogger Senorito<- Ako said…

    Sun filled days I bet the weather in aussie is fantastic... here the days are getting shorter and shorter getting colder and colder. :)

    Sassymoon and BabySass likes to travel :) Can't wait for them to get here para I'd have a travel companion

     
  • At 5:00 am, Blogger Analyse said…

    isn't that a good way to spend long weekends? miss the beach, the mountains, etc.. soon, we will restart to explore, with of course, bebe in tow..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home