Can You Hear The Whispers of Your Soul?

"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about." Ah such a wise man that Oscar Wilde!

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Ooops, Mind Your Slip

A colleague spotted someone at the client's wearing mismatched heels. Poor girl, I could understand that some times in our haste, we commit these laughable boo-boos. But oh well, one still gets through the day. All you can do is have a hearty laugh about it.

I have my little moments too. It was in one of those days when there was no cab in sight, and the train is about to depart in a couple of minutes. I was going back to the city office from the client's at some far-off suburb that I wouldn't even have stepped foot on had I not been assigned to this project. Anyway, with laptop bag on one shoulder and loads of other stuff on hand, I was practically running to the station, still with a bit of poise intact. However, one will very soon realise that the poise could just have been flung out of the window... because just before I hopped onto the train (thank God I caught it!), many staring eyes drew my attention to... errr, my skirt. Yes, the conservative corporate skirt which was supposed to be a few inches below the knee in length has some how come up to almost mid-thigh and has turned 180 degrees back to front! Que horror! No wonder the wind felt chillier at that moment. Had to quickly pull the offensive skirt down.

How to recover from such embarrassment? Duck into the farthest corner and pretend to read the newspaper. And announce it on your blog.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 2:07 am, Blogger popcorn said…

    I went to school with mismatched sandals once. My Dad was driving me in that morning and we were halfway to the university when I realized my mistake.

    There was a brief heart-stopping moment when Dad asked, "o ano ? dibale na lang ?" Thankfully, he agreed to go back home and let me change my shoes.

    - popcorn

     
  • At 1:01 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    LOL! I know I have made a lot of slips but I can't remember any of them (selective memory, ha) except the time I went to my class, was 5 minutes into my lecture when I noticed that I was discussing a different subject (this class had 3 subjects under me).

     
  • At 9:29 am, Blogger Senorito<- Ako said…

    I don't pity you. It happened to me once... and I was wearing PANTS ! :p

     
  • At 9:37 pm, Blogger Jovs said…

    Popcorn, was Uni far from where you lived? Could be quite rushed if it's peak hour traffic. =)

    Bugsy, ahhh that's still alright. There's this Prof. V in UP whose skirt suddenly slipped halfway down (all of a sudden) while she was animatedly lecturing in the theatre. Imagine our shock - while she was totally nonchalant about it and merely said an "ooops!"

    Senorito, ha? With pants? How can that happen??? Sinasadya mo noh! =p

     

Post a Comment

<< Home