Can You Hear The Whispers of Your Soul?

"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about." Ah such a wise man that Oscar Wilde!

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Nuninuninu... + Tagged!

It is not often that I get one whole weekend just to myself; in fact, days like this rarely come by. And if we were to roll time back to a couple of years prior to this day, one will never find me idle and free from any activity on such a nice Saturday. My weekends are normally fully booked out, just the way I like (or used to like) them to be. Out of town trips, a whole day of sports followed by evening tea with friends, movie nights, festivals, shopping sprees cum cafe breaks with girlfriends... things just keep on rolling. When I was still in university back in Manila, I would say a huge amount of my time was devoted to organisational activities, events plannings, and meetings, the occasional dates (tee-hee-hee!), just a tad bit more hours than my actual "studying" period. Often to my parents' frustration and obviously to my delight, my schedule's always overflowing. Those things fired me up, I couldn't stay still. I had to be doing something, and if I weren't I would find things to preoccupy myself before I go totally berserk. Quiet equated to boredom. During those days, New York was the place to be (or any city that can compare), a place to fulfill my longing for that fast-paced world, to fling the career aspirations into that direction.

Fast forward to this day. Waking up just a few minutes before 7am today, I allowed myself for more snooze time. Gone was that fiery instinct of jumping out of bed and mentally going through the list of things I have to do and accomplish for the day. When I felt like it, I got up and lazed around for a bit longer, had a leisurely browse in the market for fruits and fresh produce. A quiet morning. I let the afternoon breezed through without much of a disturbance, and while I slowly sipped my cappuccino that mellowness I needed kept me at peace. I had no conversations today, no discussions about work or current events, no dialogues about future plans, it's just a time for myself. And I like it. For me, tonight there will be no elaborate dinners, no friends over, no party... while everywhere else in the city will be all colours and lights, also with the celebration towards the conclusion of the Commonwealth games. The bars and restaurants and entertainment establishments will always be there, I don't feel the need to join in the merriment now. It's such a rarity to be in this kind of quietude, and I am resolved to have it all to myself. =) New York is no longer that ideal place where I've set my mind on years ago, in fact no one place has taken that seat yet. The times have softened me a bit.

*******

And now tagged again by my bosom buddy who recently celebrated her birthday. From Char, a dentist who wouldn't surprise if seen with a magic wand and waltzing around blowing out pixie dusts.

Four Jobs I've Had In My Life
1. Entertainer - once upon a time, the little girl who danced and sang for anyone, anywhere...even in a crowded mall.
2. Answering Machine - answered phone and took messages for my parents
3. Marketing Intern - In short, mega-slave in a marketing department doing anything and everything required
4. Business Analyst - previous and present job. Sigh I'm growing up!
Note: Notice the trend, the job cycle becomes less and less interesting huh? Dang! I want to go back to #1.

Four Films I Can Watch Over and Over
1. Sound of Music
2. You've Got Mail
3. Love Actually
4. Annie

Four Places I Would Have Visited, Had I Had The Money
1. Egypt
2. Switzerland
3. Italy

4. Antarctica

Four Websites I Visit Daily
1. Gmail
2. Bureau of Meteorology - seriously!!!
3. Yahoomail
4. My company website, section that lists the security prices

Four Of My Favorite Foods
1. Korean bbq
2. unagi
3. salmon
4. onions - the cooked ones ok!

Four Places I Would Rather Be
1. Queen's Theatre in London - watching Les Miserables
2.
West 46th Street, NY - Beauty & the Beast on Broadway
3. In Auckland where Andrew is at the moment
4. On top of a hill where I could almost touch the heavens and see a sky full of stars

Four Bloggers I Am Tagging
1. Apple
2. Serene
3. Rhada
4.
Boon

1 Comments:

  • At 12:45 pm, Blogger Ka Uro said…

    almost same yata ang movies na type ko. i watched sound of music at least 10 times. sa movie house yan ha, hindi sa DVD! whenever it was being shown in manila theaters nung bata pa ako parati ko siyang pinapanood. mostly this was during christmas season. i also enjoyed "love actually" as well as the "bridgette jones diary" movies. nagustuhan ko rin ang "you've got mail" and the other tom hanks-meg ryan movies especially "sleepless in seattle".

     

Post a Comment

<< Home