Can You Hear The Whispers of Your Soul?

"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about." Ah such a wise man that Oscar Wilde!

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Tis not that Dying hurts us so

Often we try to comfort ourselves with many a reason for things that happen, we try to comprehend by asking questions and making up answers. At the same time, hundreds of other questions linger in our minds, whether they be things we really do not know or things we blame ourselves for or things we wish have gone differently. Perhaps it is just the way humans are, we are in constant search for answers to life's (or death's) many questions. Some times, there are no real answers, and we should be at peace with that fact. Everything goes in full circles, eventually.

'Tis not that Dying hurts us so --
'Tis Living -- hurts us more --
But Dying -- is a different way --
A Kind behind the Door --

The Southern Custom -- of the Bird --
That ere the Frosts are due --
Accepts a better Latitude --
We -- are the Birds -- that stay.

The Shrivers round Farmers' doors --
For whose reluctant Crumb --
We stipulate -- till pitying Snows
Persuade our Feathers Home.

- Emily Dickinson

6 Comments:

  • At 1:42 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    that's so true.. well said :)

     
  • At 11:52 am, Blogger arls said…

    emily dickinson has a gift of saying the right words in the appropriate time, huh?

    am praying for you and your family dear!

    hugs!

     
  • At 7:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Emily Dickinson is a favorite even if many of her poems make me sad. ... I can't read between the lines of your post but I hope you're okay.

     
  • At 10:12 pm, Blogger Char said…

    Emily girl ka na pala. Kala ko Oscar Wilde forever ka. Join the club! Maybe if you wanna try e.e.cummings or W.H. Auden I'll send you stuff.

    I should not dare to leave my friend,
    Because -- because if he should die
    While I was gone -- and I -- too late --
    Should reach the Heart that wanted me --

    If I should disappoint the eyes
    That hunted -- hunted so -- to see --
    And could not bear to shut until
    They "noticed" me -- they noticed me --

    If I should stab the patient faith
    So sure I'd come -- so sure I'd come --
    It listening -- listening -- went to sleep --
    Telling my tardy name --

    My Heart would wish it broke before --
    Since breaking then -- since breaking then --
    Were useless as next morning's sun --
    Where midnight frosts -- had lain!

    --Emily Dickinson

    Love ya, jovs!

     
  • At 7:05 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Have a nice weekend, Jovs!

     
  • At 9:58 pm, Blogger princesstomatoketchup said…

    let's have drinks when you're back and salsa our way through..

    amen to that

     

Post a Comment

<< Home