Can You Hear The Whispers of Your Soul?

"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about." Ah such a wise man that Oscar Wilde!

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Beware the Cranky Me

Cranky. Oh yes that was me. That was me when... quietly preparing to slip into the piece of swimwear, a sudden yank of the change room curtain exposed my naked self to the eyes of a total stranger! Female but stranger all the same. A millisecond of shock, and then the temper. She excused herself and said that she did not see anything. The hell she didn't, but she just intruded on my privacy and I am nothing else but crossed. There was no hesitation when I cracked it and spoke my mind. To be honest I wasn't in the most perfect of moods and most pleasant of state that day, thus the retail therapy... and then came the ignoramus. Yes, my language... watch my language, but I write with full feelings and with no pretense of niceness or charm when I want so much to be the opposite. Sure, it obviously was not intentional. I guess idiocy is not intentional too huh. There were about ten cubicles for changing, with only about 3 - 4 occupied, and that halfwit chose to make a beeline for the one at the far left end with curtains drawn and with a tag bearing the number of items for fitting that is so hard to miss. Isn't that obvious enough that someone is inside? Argh!

This led me into thinking about change room etiquette. What can do and what can't do? Drawn curtains, visible feet and legs from the bottom... signs that it is occupied! If unsure, it does not hurt to holler and ask. There are some fitting rooms which are communal, with big mirrors all around. In these, people normally take a certain corner and mind their own business. Bad to stare at others, directly or through the mirrors. It is also a no go to check other people's arses out, comparing them to your own imperfect one. I also find that many would just leave the clothes they have tried on inside the change room, that is ok as long as they have been hang on the hook or placed neatly on the bench. There are those who treat departments stores and fitting rooms like their own bedrooms, with the change of clothes strewn around on the floor. Unbelievable. And, if I may say... I would not hesitate to blow my cap off towards the mother of naughty toddlers/kids crawling under other people's occupied change rooms! Yeah yeah they are innocent, unknowing, little kids... but they have eyes, I don't like being ogled at! So either they're kept behaved not leaving their mom's side, or they be put on a leash (at least in change rooms!)

Oh man, of course I am fully aware of the above statements reeking with meanness. And I am not taking them back.

7 Comments:

  • At 12:22 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    oh my! i could just imagine how pissed you were, i would be too! i'm sure that woman got an earful! she deserves it!

    p.s.
    cool ka lang, ang wrinkles! :-)

     
  • At 10:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, oh, am I glad I'm out of your way but I wouldn't be that careless and stupid to just yank fitting room curtains open without first making sure that it's empty. This notwithstanding, I hope you enjoy your week, Jovs!

     
  • At 9:07 pm, Blogger Jovs said…

    Haha Rhada, no worries I was over it quickly. Maybe next time while in change rooms I should hum a song just to make sure that people know that there's someone inside.

    Thanks Bugsy! LOL...katakot-takot ba ang dating? :p

     
  • At 4:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    gosh, kahit ako maiinis din kung nangyari sa akin yan sis. pero i'm sure you're over it na. smile! :)

     
  • At 6:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cranky Jovy,
    These situations are the exact reasons why u take A shopping: to be stationed outside your changing room at all times to keep obtrusive life-forms away.

    Nasty experience I wouldn't wish on anyone. Take it easy. Belt A for all he's worth. He loves it!!

     
  • At 7:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Let's go shopping here when you get back. You'll be glad to know that Mall of Asia stays open till 10 PM! BWahahah! Matira matibay!!!! Plus... I won't peek!

     
  • At 10:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    haha, it's the other way around here... they change outside the curtains, so imagine me behind the curtain waiting for the other girls to be clothed before going out... keep cool!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home