Can You Hear The Whispers of Your Soul?

"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about." Ah such a wise man that Oscar Wilde!

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Hop On Board

The year's changes and milestones aren't few. From the completion of my postgraduate degrees, marking another tick on personal goals achieved (and yes, the culmination of a 2.5 year study that is long enough I would say)... to receiving my residency status, largely determining where I will veer the next stage of my life to and a basis of many major decisions that I have made and yet to make... and now the start of a new career, which in most cases has always an initial mix of excitement and anxiety.

I'd like to think that the choices I have made over the past few years are good ones, and ones that would ultimately lead me to a better position - in my career, relationships, and life in general. The paths that I have chosen to take were not always the easiest ones, but I guess the humps and bumps are part of the adventure in the journey. Sometimes one rejoices, sometimes one laments, but in all times one has to face questions in need of answering. I remember one of the major troughs I've put myself in a couple of months ago was dwelling in agony and indecision over staying here or going back. To others, it seems that it would be a complete waste if I let the opportunity pass... but to me I have gained what I came here to gain already and that's a wealth of experiences, friendships, realisation, broadening of horizons... and if I decided to leave all these behind there would be no loss at all. Where I would be going next (or back), surely would be packed with as much colour. Anyway, I stayed - for more reasons than I care to reveal... ha ha! So far, there are no regrets, only a fervent hope of continuous blessings and happiness, courage to face all that needs facing, and the ability and grace to conquer mountains.

Today I've hopped on board a new group. Things are looking very promising. I would say that fate has been quite good to me. It's up to me now to drive myself to a better and better plane. For the moment, a steady flow would be great although further changes and new milestones are not unwelcome either.

12 Comments:

  • At 9:35 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    Wow, goodluck to that journey wherever may that be leading to. Hope it will be a better and successful life in the future.

     
  • At 11:15 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Come what may. You don't have to worry. Things will fall into place as it progress. You are so much more and I believe God will always look after you. Have a nice day baby.

     
  • At 11:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    jovs, we're both embarking on something NEW. here's wishing you goodluck, too!

    -justice-

     
  • At 12:28 pm, Blogger arls said…

    hi jovs! ;) God will definitely bless your journey! uv been so good to Him! ;) no words of wisdom here, just wanted to say... "suportahan ta ka!"

     
  • At 4:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Jovs,
    So many decisions to make. Life seems to be a series of never-ending decisions, no? What I always tell my students is this - wherever you are, whatever you will be, just do what you have to do in such a way that will leave you no room for regrets later. I've followed the formula for over two decades. Now that I have retired, I am very happy with the way things turned out even if this was not initially in my "original plans" (I never dreamt of being a teacher).
    One last thing about the humps and bumps: rough seas make a skilled mariner.
    Enjoy life, Jovs!

     
  • At 12:13 am, Blogger Analyse said…

    you are the driver of your own destiny..goodluck! i'm sure wherever that might lead you, it's something you have already prepared yourself to..

     
  • At 12:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Change is inevitable...except from the vending machine! LOL...;D

     
  • At 10:02 pm, Blogger Jovs said…

    angelove, thank you... that is my wish as well.

    andrew a.k.a. head damager, funny how we take turns encouraging each other. you don't have to worry yourself, you're so so very close to the fulfilment of your "Permanent head Damage." ;p

    justice, yes indeed. something new, something unfamiliar? you'll do well. :)

    arls, thanks dear! i can't wait to see you guys again soon.

    bugsy, "rough seas make a good mariner," that's a very good way to put it. i find myself repeating in my head to make the most out of situations i am in.

    analyse, reminds me of the poem by William Henley "Invictus." ;p but i guess i'm over exaggerating na. Haha!

    joanna-banana, my dear sis... and who says "we" are going to raid Zara? that's not yet in my list of favourites noh. haha! but yeah, you better take a few days leave when i go there!

     
  • At 3:04 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    hi Jovs! It's the journey that matters, not the destination. You are doing quite well, Congrats!

     
  • At 5:06 pm, Blogger binx said…

    enjoy the whole journey. that is what matters. stay happy. =)

     
  • At 5:04 am, Blogger Yen Prieto said…

    wow, goodluck on all your endeavors, im wishin u all the best. got here from the manyon.. cheers!

     
  • At 7:16 pm, Blogger Senorito<- Ako said…

    life is a journey that should improve with every mile.

    somebody wrote that at one of the G-liner buses. Never underestimate the intellect of the Cainta-Quiapo route. :) Kidding.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home